Welcome to EMT City
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is there still a demand for EMTs in NYC?

Posted · Report post

I think this is the most important thing right now. I'm getting that the EMS is oversaturated with providers that it can be a real challenge to find a job as a basic at all.

Posted · Report post

Think about the reason why the market is oversaturated. Think of how many programs there are in your area. Each of them puts out (at minimum) one class of new providers out into the job market every semester. That's three times a year. There might be demand for the, but like everywhere else, it might take forever to get hired.

Posted · Report post

I may be late on this... but have you considered looking elsewhere than just NYC for work? I'm sure you could find work on Long Island, Westchester, or even across the river in NJ.

Posted · Report post

Jersey City is always hiring,

Posted · Report post

FDNY is hiring like crazy right now because most of us are getting promoted to firefighters. So they have backfill all the positions

Posted · Report post

I will never understand how becoming a Fire Truck Driver could ever be considered a promotion. I'm happy to be an Ambulance Driver to the day I die....hopefully I won't be driving when that happens though.

Posted · Report post

The reason y is because its a huge pay difference that's y they make it a promotion

Posted · Report post

The reason y is because its a huge pay difference that's y they make it a promotion

So does the promotional exam give bonus points for writing like a junior high text?

And really, a pay increase does not warrant it being a promotion. They're two completely different jobs, fire and EMS. What's the rationale, besides the pay, for making this kind of move a promotion?

Posted · Report post

So does the promotional exam give bonus points for writing like a junior high text?

Fantastic

As to the article....

Seems to be a fair bit of apathy on the part of the ambo's, i wonder what the story is there? no one comes to work to do a bad job, stuff like this always has some kind of cultural factor or preconditioning leading up to the mistake. I mean they could have been the perfect crew for the previous ten thousand bullshit jobs they did for the year and they get complacent for one job and it turns to shit on them

Still no gear = no assessment and is bad juju either way.

Time on scene to time of arrival at hospital = 20 mins? sounds reasonable to me

"give people oxygen so they will live" is a bit annoying

I wonder what they were doing for the other 7 minutes on the driveway?

Posted · Report post

What is the educational comparison for a fire truck driver compared to a paramedic? Every fire college I'm aware of lasts 2 semesters, Sept to June and includes a PCP course.

Posted · Report post

Fantastic

As to the article....

Seems to be a fair bit of apathy on the part of the ambo's, i wonder what the story is there? no one comes to work to do a bad job, stuff like this always has some kind of cultural factor or preconditioning leading up to the mistake. I mean they could have been the perfect crew for the previous ten thousand bullshit jobs they did for the year and they get complacent for one job and it turns to shit on them

Still no gear = no assessment and is bad juju either way.

Time on scene to time of arrival at hospital = 20 mins? sounds reasonable to me

"give people oxygen so they will live" is a bit annoying

I wonder what they were doing for the other 7 minutes on the driveway?

Hey Bushy, I think you are in he wrong thread. :rofl: