new member...

ynoto

Good afternoon/evening all, i have just registered on the site, my name is Tony, i am located in west central florida, i have just finished my EMT-B course and i am currently awaiting the schol to get thier act together and send me notice so i can apply to NREMT and sit the test, our didatic studies were based on the AAOS (orange book) 9th edition, i did well in class, and have been reading the book every day since school, i also purchased(on the recommend of one of the instructors)the

EMT-B standards self test by brady, i have done all 11 tests and learnt alot from all of them, my concern however, is there is a lot of material we never covered in school/or not in my book, does this mean, my book sucks/ the review book sucks? or is that the way the NREMT-B test is? and lastly can anyone recommend a good review book they have used recently? further to my post just to give a little more insight, the brady book has questions on RTS, this is not in my book ,i have since reviewed it elsewhere,also, even though i am familiar with Triage(or at least the theory part) in the brady book is gets into more specifically the S.T.A.R.T. triage system,which i have also reviewed since,any input greatly recd,cheers,Tony

I used this book to study http://www.amazon.com/EMT-Basic-Interactive-Flashcards-Preps-Premium/dp/0738601233 I love flash cards, and that is what helped me. Actually, for me, I don't think the studying was as much about learning the information, because you should know it by the end of class, but assuring myself that I knew the info, to be more confident for the test. That said, I was still a nervous reck after my NREMT test, sure I failed... i didn't

Good afternoon/evening all, i have just registered on the site, my name is Tony, i am located in west central florida, i have just finished my EMT-B course and i am currently awaiting the schol to get thier act together and send me notice so i can apply to NREMT and sit the test, our didatic studies were based on the AAOS (orange book) 9th edition, i did well in class, and have been reading the book every day since school, i also purchased(on the recommend of one of the instructors)the

EMT-B standards self test by brady, i have done all 11 tests and learnt alot from all of them, my concern however, is there is a lot of material we never covered in school/or not in my book, does this mean, my book sucks/ the review book sucks? or is that the way the NREMT-B test is? and lastly can anyone recommend a good review book they have used recently? further to my post just to give a little more insight, the brady book has questions on RTS, this is not in my book ,i have since reviewed it elsewhere,also, even though i am familiar with Triage(or at least the theory part) in the brady book is gets into more specifically the S.T.A.R.T. triage system,which i have also reviewed since,any input greatly recd,cheers,Tony

Welcome to the site.

I'm currently is Lakeland Florida, is that close to you.

If you need feedback or help don't hesitate to call on me. I'd be happy to help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.