Selling EMS equipment

Ooh, you're right, that was my bad. :rolleyes2:

Um... not here. My CPR instructor had to fight with the AED supplier to get the trainers without a prescription. A friend of mine in rural EMS carries one in her car, and her Medical Director had to put the order in writing in order for her to get an AED for her work vehicle. If it's a hassle to get them in those situations, they definitely should NOT be sold on craigslist or e-bay without some kind of inspection, and I'm not even sure if that's possible.

I get a magazine sent to my house from Channing bates, Can order an AED no problem no Rx needed.

http://www.americanaed.com/

plenty of websites that sell them too

Edited by tskstorm

AED Superstore.. If you need an Rx to get the one you want, they'll get one for you! I've purchased about a dozen from there, and more from this little Continuing Medical Education place in Deerfield Beach, Fl... to resell, sometimes on eBay. I had a license to do so, until 12/1/09. EMS Education is an expensive business, training aids are often extremely costly, so I did my best to lessen that, and pay my bills.

I get a magazine sent to my house from Channing bates, Can order an AED no problem no Rx needed.

http://www.americanaed.com/

plenty of websites that sell them too

AED Superstore.. If you need an Rx to get the one you want, they'll get one for you! I've purchased about a dozen from there, and more from this little Continuing Medical Education place in Deerfield Beach, Fl... to resell, sometimes on eBay. I had a license to do so, until 12/1/09. EMS Education is an expensive business, training aids are often extremely costly, so I did my best to lessen that, and pay my bills.

Well, thanks guys, I stand corrected. I guess MN just sucks as far as making EMS education easier for anybody.

Thanks for the info. Still scares me to think of buying second hand off craigslist, where there's no reputation on the sellers...

Leave us not forget, the late Michael Jackson reportedly had a "Hi Con" O2 Barometric Chamber in his bedroom, as in hi level oxygen under pressure in a modified diving re-compression chamber. Also, Tom Cruse reportedly was looking for a sonogram machine to keep checking on his then unborn child while invietro (spelling).

You can probably buy or sell just about anything medical or not however you may not be able to use it. I can rock down to the medical supply store and pick up all the supplies for an IV kit, does it mean I can start sticking drips into peopole? No.

Ambulance Officers require a delegated scope of practice because of a lack of independant legal ability to use certian pieces of clinical equipment and adminster prescription medication.

Ambulance Officers require a delegated scope of practice because of a lack of independant legal ability to use certian pieces of clinical equipment and adminster prescription medication.

I don't know about that officer stuff, however you are right, without a protocol and someones scope to work under, wouldn't be able to do any skills really.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.