• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Selling EMS equipment

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mrsbull

mrsbull
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:My kid, learning, relaxing, reading, sleeping, 4 wheeling, camping and long walks on the beaches in Colorado (ya right)
Neutral

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

I was looking on CL today for some EMS pants or boots. I came across this post. When does it become illegal to sell this stuff? I mean thru a dealer who check and is qualified to sell the items to the PROPER personnel I can see that. But some of the things I have seen for sale online thru private citizens is unreal!! I have seen different items online for sale that concern me should it get into the wrong hands. Anyone know is selling things like this is legal??

http://denver.craigs...1733737839.html

1 New in Box, Sterility and packaging intact. Complete components. Never opened, no holes in wrapper. Sealed and sterile.
4mm Adult size

$90
Other EMS and ALS medical supplies available.
I am always looking for hospital/Military grade medical supplies and equipment. Please contact me if you have something to sell.

Please email me through the CL link
Thank you
Description:
The Rusch QuickTrach allows quick and safe access for ventilation in the presence of acute respiratory distress with upper airway obstruction. The kit consists of a pre-assembled emergency cricothyrotomy unit with a 10 milliliter syringe attached to a padded neck strap and a connecting tube.

Components:
1 Quicktrach, sterile with stopper
1 Syringe
1 Connecting tube with 15 mm adapter
1 Cushion neckband

tags:
EMT Paramedic nurse medic equipment first aid airway intubation laryngoscope iv saline trauma tracheotomy crickit narp nar kerlix ifak bvm bandage celox quickclot quikclot ambulance

Buyer: please use good judgment, and discretion. To be used only by qualified, certified and trained personnel.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1733737839-0 image 1733737839-1

PostingID: 1733737839

#2 Ruffmeister Paramedic

Ruffmeister Paramedic

Chief in charge of my making my family happy Officer

• Chat Room Moderator
  • 8,326 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

I don't think that a individual can sell a medical product like that without some sort of healthcare sales license or permit.

I know that if it says use restricted to a doctors order then I think the seller needs to be a qualified healthcare sales outlet.

Plus, are you going to trust someone on craigslist(killerslist,whoreslist) to guarantee the safety and quality of this device for your patients?

I would go witha qualified seller

Plus, how do you know the stuff wasn't missing on the local ems agencies dock and ended up on craigslist.

At least with Ebay you can verify the seller identity or require him to give you proof or you can report him. ON craigslist you don't have that option.

#3 Chief1C

Chief1C

My reign of terror has ended.

• Elite Members
  • 3,600 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

If they're reselling medical equipment, they need a permit to do that. eg. "Reseller License" If they're selling controlled substances and devices, they need a permit and DEA License to do that. Consider in some cases, however, that it may be a family selling products left behind from the death of a post-surgical or cancer patient. This guy, sounds like one of those ZombieSquad ppl that buy crap just because they can.

If you ever look close, even some of the most basic equipment we use, has "Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician". I just read it off the package of a Yankauer.

#4 mrsbull

mrsbull
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:My kid, learning, relaxing, reading, sleeping, 4 wheeling, camping and long walks on the beaches in Colorado (ya right)
Neutral

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

I may have not stated clearly enough that I would NEVER purchase anything like that from CL. I have bought items for my home before such as dressers and the like, and I think even a bp cuff for school.

I just don't know the point WHEN it becomes illegal. I think the Cric kit should be illegal. But who do you report the unlawful selling of these items??

Defibs (IMO) should be illegal to sell unless to a licensed provider AND it is from a dealer, you never know what you are getting or why they are selling it. Is someone REALLY going to test it to see if it works properly?? I dont believe it is something that you can jsut take somewhere to get it checked. Who knows maybe it is and I am incorrect. Irregardless it scares the tar outta me. Iv setups ok sure some ppl know how to do it and I am sure it will be a hey wanna see a cool party trick?? (I can see a new Darwin Award brewing)

These items who are to be used by trained personnel should be monitored. I am a Basic I do not need a shiny intubation setup. I also would not be intubating anyone outside of work where I am protected.

At what point is the line drawn?? What items have ya'all seen for sale like this?

If they're reselling medical equipment, they need a permit to do that. eg. "Reseller License" If they're selling controlled substances and devices, they need a permit and DEA License to do that. Consider in some cases, however, that it may be a family selling products left behind from the death of a post-surgical or cancer patient. This guy, sounds like one of those ZombieSquad ppl that buy crap just because they can.

If you ever look close, even some of the most basic equipment we use, has "Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician". I just read it off the package of a Yankauer.

I agree! However it is difficult to monitor these items. I would be willing to bet that most if not all of these items are stolen from who knows where.

Wow on a suction catheter?? You can get suction devices online. I have never got one but I would think you would be able to get the tips/catheters from the places that sell them to. So does that mean that a Yankauer is an RX device?

#5 JTpaintball70

JTpaintball70
  • Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, EMS, Paintball, Photography, Jeeps, Motorcycles
Neutral

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

I found that ad a while back and was wondering the same thing :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users