EMS Anthem

I'm not a huge fan of rap/hiphop either. I will however give credit where credit is due. This was a pretty well written and performed video which I enjoyed. Anytime EMS can be promoted in a positive light, I'm all for it. It was well done, as was his previous video "Call 911".

Kudos to Farooq for doing this. Keep up the good work bro'!

• Like 2

Maybe I should write, produce, and sing a country EMS song. It would go something like:

I was drunk when you got sprayed by a skunk.

You dialed 911 and I was on EMS 1.

You smelled really bad made me cry like I was sad.

Everyone abuses us why can't they just love us.

Then they cheated by calling another ambulance.

I got those taxi ride blues.

Thank you very much.

What not as good as the rap?

Actually that was a decent video and song. Some of it was a little cheesy though. So tsk is this you?

Maybe I should write, produce, and sing a country EMS song. It would go something like:

I was drunk when you got sprayed by a skunk.

You dialed 911 and I was on EMS 1.

You smelled really bad made me cry like I was sad.

Everyone abuses us why can't they just love us.

Then they cheated by calling another ambulance.

I got those taxi ride blues.

Thank you very much.

What not as good as the rap?

Actually that was a decent video and song. Some of it was a little cheesy though. So tsk is this you?

No it is not me. I don't work for the FDNY. I work for a hospital. I do know the gentlemen who makes these video's however.

I just think He's doing an awesome job of promoting our job and experiences to the public, even if only on youtube!

If these video's gained national publicity, and Farooq Muhammad gained some publicity for it, he could probably do a lot of good for advocating for EMS and public education even if only through entertainment.

With approval from both the FDNY, and Local 2507, this was released in time for EMS Week.

As for Country-Western, there is only one EMS album out there, and I wish I could locate my tape of it. Link to You Respond To Everyone But Me!

I just cannot stand RAP, Hip Hop, Country, Heavy Metal, Grunge or Emo type music. Figured I'd line out what I didn't like, but Rhythmic American Poetry (Read: Poison) is at the tiptop. In my opinion, rap is a style of expression, for folks that can't sing. So, as long as they can carry a beat and rhyme, they can rap. I couldn't follow along with the words, b/c I was focused on how much I strongly dislike that type of spoken song. As a member of the EMS Community, I wouldn't want to be represented by Rap. But that's just my opinion. It's not for all of EMS, it's FDNY Paramedics. In the end, including every form, pay scale, et al., it would end up being a country song, I can just feel it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.