Classic EMS pranks...

PRPGfirerescuetech

I honestly hope people don't find any of these funny. If it's not an out and out assault (as mentioned by Rich), it could be construed as hostile work environment/sexual harrassment and would open you and your organization up to a whole laundry list of problems.

If any of my staff tried anything mentioned here they'd be terminated on the spot.

I realize that, as this is a high stress job, some stress relief is important. On the job, at the station, in the truck is not the place to do it. Relieve the stress at home. You want to be considered a professional? Act as a professional because you never know who's looking.

-be safe.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly hope people don't find any of these funny.

Been thinking the very same thing myself. It's beyond immature and sophomoric. It's malicious and criminal on local, state, and federal levels. It's on level with the lowest of frat initiation hazing.

These are most certainly not "pranks," much less "classic pranks." I wouldn't fault or fire anybody who beat the hell out of anybody perpetrating such crimes on them either.

Gentlemen, theres a HUGE difference between levity and crime, and the line can be seen from one post to another.

Lasix in coffee....bad

Trying to sell your bosses house over the internet?....not quite as bad.

Depends on perspective I guess.

Be safe to all...J

Yeah, to clarify -- and I think I speak for paramedicmike too -- I was referring only to criminal acts of assault and the misuse of various chemicals and medications. Those are not "pranks."

Listing somebody's house? That's no prank either. That's hardcore revenge. But hey, I recognize that sometimes people deserve that kind of thing. But let's not call it a prank.

Well if you are at the station there probably shouldn't be members of the public watching....

It depends. Many of us out here (not all, I know) work for municpal agencies. I work for a municipal EMS only organization. The station out of which I work is a public building. That means the public can, and has, shown up for a variety of reasons (e.g. tours, billing issues, even simple stuff like asking directions etc...)

And that's not to say any private organization can't have people show up for the very same reasons.

Try and sell my house (or car or anything else) while I'm away on vacation and you're still fired. Then, at the very least, you and the realtor will be pursued for trespassing (and I wouldn't push hard for charges against the realtor simply because he/she was probably working in good faith ).

At work, regardless of the industry, there is no place for childish behaviour such as this. You want to blow off steam? Get your buddies together on your days off and go play paintball. Have a poker night. Host a pit barbeque. Continue it at work and you open yourself for a hostile work environment charge or worse. Not to mention any of the potential safety issues created by whatever prank you're attempting.

Again, it comes back to if you want to be treated like professionals then act like it. Otherwise, please try not to drag the rest of us down with you.

-be safe.

You want to blow off steam? Get your buddies together on your days off and go play paintball. Have a poker night. Host a pit barbeque...

Oooh! Offering alternatives! That is the mark of a great post! :lol:

Five bonus points for you!

Yeah, to clarify -- and I think I speak for paramedicmike too -- I was referring only to criminal acts of assault and the misuse of various chemicals and medications. Those are not "pranks."

Listing somebody's house? That's no prank either. That's hardcore revenge. But hey, I recognize that sometimes people deserve that kind of thing. But let's not call it a prank.

Lighten up y'all! I'm guessing you are some of the dullest folks to work with (or just can't take a joke). I, personally, don't want to sit around repainting decals and stripes because of having washed the vehicles umteen times. I've been on both the giving AND receiving ends of jokes many, many times. It makes the days go faster and everyone has something to laugh about - even me! If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh about??

--- Someone point in the right direction of their cars so I can let the air out of the tires :twisted:

I'm the funniest, most lighthearted and entertaining mother F'er you'd ever work with. I simply have the good sense to know where to draw the line. If you don't recognize criminal activity as a reasonable line, then EMS is not the field for you.

Oh my goodness..... can't we all just get along....? Sheesh... it was supposed to be a harmless thread..... wow.... okay, so some of the things were bad, blah blah blah, but others were in good fun. Guess I should stop being such a kid. There is a time for play, and a time to be serious, we all know that, but sometimes, a little joke doesn't hurt.

I honestly did find a couple of these funny. Sorry, I'll grow up, but only if ya'll lighten up :lol:

Gracie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.