Another HEMS crash

JTpaintball70

Apparently SW Medevac lost a bird on a training exercise over McGregor Range near Ft. Bliss. It sounds like it was taking part in a military training.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_14344903

No official word on crew or pt condition or if they had a pt. One of the comments says that three fatalities of the crew...

Prayers go out to them, I've dealt with the SW base several times when working IFT.

Apparently SW Medevac lost a bird on a training exercise over McGregor Range near Ft. Bliss. It sounds like it was taking part in a military training.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_14344903

No official word on crew or pt condition or if they had a pt. One of the comments says that three fatalities of the crew...

Prayers go out to them, I've dealt with the SW base several times when working IFT.

The three crew members on board were fatally injured. My prayers go out to the families of my co-workers, godspeed and rest peacefully my friends. You will be missed..............

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_14347798

El Paso man among 3 killed in McGregor Range helicopter crash

By Darren Meritz / El Paso Times

Posted: 02/06/2010 01:44:32 PM MST

McGregor Range helicopter crash

Three dead in helicopter crash at McGregor RangeHelicopter crashes at McGregor RangeEL PASO - The three-member crew of a Southwest Med Evac helicopter died on Friday night when the aircraft crashed during a training flight at McGregor Range.

The helicopter's pilot, William Montgomery of Avondale, Ariz., and two paramedics, John Sutter of Las Cruces and Anthony Archuleta of El Paso, were killed when the aircraft crashed as it prepared to land, according to officials from Omniflight Helicopters, Inc., the aircraft's operator.

The helicopter was not transporting a patient. Details of the crash remained sketchy this afternoon.

"The cause of the accident is unknown at this time," Anthony DiNota, president and chief operating officer of Omniflight, said in a news release. "There are many questions that need to be answered."

The crew was participating in a training scenario involving a simulated medical evacuation.

Investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board came to El Paso today to determine what happened. Officials from Omniflight Helicopters, Inc. also were at the crash site.

Southwest Med Evac, a unit of Omniflight Helicopters, is contracted with Fort Bliss for emergency medical services.

Read more about this story in Sunday's El Paso Times.

Darren Meritz may be reached at dmeritz@elpasotimes.com; 546-6127.

http://www.flightweb.com/condolences/index.php

A condolence book is up at flightweb. The world lost two great guys last night. John was a father to be and expecting in April. His child will have to grow up never knowing dad. His family has been robbed of a father and husband while we have been robbed of a friend and colleague. Anthony was one of the nicest people I have ever known. His family too has been robbed. These were some great guys and will be missed.

This sucks.

I used to fly Army medevac at Ft Bliss. The terrain there is different to say the least. But we worked the group from SW all the time on I-10. Definetly a good bunch.

There have been way to many Aeromedical crashes as of late.

WHY?

Edited by armymedic571

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.