Firefighter vs. Nursing Home

Siffaliss

That was hilarious! Almost a perfect depiction of a nursing home.

I once had a pt at a nursing home that 'was not acting right'. Checked their chart as I was walking to their room. Noticed first that the patient was diabetic... since it was tagged on the front of the folder. Asked the nurse if they checked the BGL. They said no, but had given them water a few hours ago (it's 2am now). Checked BGL and it was 54 mg/dl (3mmol/l). I guess the water didn't work.

As I have mentioned on other strings, I got written up by a facility nurse because I dared to take a BP, like I didn't trust her ability to do so.

Admittedly, I have had some calls where I felt like that Fire Fighter, but decided not to use such language. I like staying on payroll and getting paid.

Yea....

The whole firefighter wearing gear inside of a nursing home asking medical questions looked about as stupid as they portrayed the nurse. I know it is supposed to be a funny, but I just got the idea that the posted video and those similar to it found on youtube are to just make firefighters feel good about themselves. Oh well.

Matty

• Like 1

Yea....

The whole firefighter wearing gear inside of a nursing home asking medical questions looked about as stupid as they portrayed the nurse. I know it is supposed to be a funny, but I just got the idea that the posted video and those similar to it found on youtube are to just make firefighters feel good about themselves. Oh well.

You're telling me you've never thought some of that stuff?

A lot of firefighters here are EMT's or medics elsewhere, they just can't do medical stuff (asides from BP, maybe some O2, CPR). So some might be more familiar with line of questioning. I just liked the skit because on several occasions I've wanted to say everything Lego Man did. Of course I like being employed, so I don't :whistle:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.