• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Question on EMT-B/Paramedic Training

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 LoneRider

LoneRider
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Running, swimming, surfing, rugby, the martial arts, MMA, reading history, literature, and philosophy.
Neutral

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

As some already know I intend to go into the EMS community as a paramedic after my stint with the Navy expires later this year. I already have a bachelor's degree in English and I figured that depending on the program I go into (I'm gonna go the community college route) I can focus almost entirely on the EMT and Paramedic courses. I was wondering how long training takes normally. Two years? Three? Five years?

#2 FireMedic65

FireMedic65
  • Elite Members
  • 2,128 posts
Good

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

To go from zero to hero, around 3yrs all said and done. That doesn't include that years of experience you should have between EMT and Paramedic though.

#3 JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly

• Elite Members
  • 3,316 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:33 AM

That doesn't include that years of experience you should have between EMT and Paramedic though.

Posted Image

#4 LoneRider

LoneRider
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Running, swimming, surfing, rugby, the martial arts, MMA, reading history, literature, and philosophy.
Neutral

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

To go from zero to hero, around 3yrs all said and done. That doesn't include that years of experience you should have between EMT and Paramedic though.

Sorry to be a pain but can you elaborate the years of experience bit? I gather that means I will do some time as an EMT-B/first responder before I start Paramedic school?

#5 FireMedic65

FireMedic65
  • Elite Members
  • 2,128 posts
Good

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:49 AM

Sorry to be a pain but can you elaborate the years of experience bit? I gather that means I will do some time as an EMT-B/first responder before I start Paramedic school?

yes

Posted Image

citations? and open up 20 old threads? all with the same topic and same discussion? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users