• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo
- - - - -

Ambulance Crash - Austin, Texas

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dustdevil

Dustdevil

Rocket Surgeon

• Elite Members
  • 8,994 posts
  • Interests:Cats, travelling, flying, martial arts, music, brunettes
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

http://www.statesman...g_into_amb.html

EMS officials looking into ambulance crash with toll booth

By Tony Plohetski | Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 02:36 PM

Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services officials said today they are awaiting damages estimates on an ambulance that crashed last week into the barrier of a Texas 45 North toll booth.

The accident Friday near the intersection of Texas 130 caused significant damage to the unit, which was not carrying a patient at the time. No one was injured.

The barrier “kind of peeled it open like a can,” said James Shamard, assistant chief of EMS operations. “It is pretty serious damage.”

Shamard said paramedics, whose names he did not immediately know, had responded to a call that did not involve taking a patient to the hospital. Upon approaching the toll booth, the right passenger corner of the ambulance crashed into a barrier made of concrete and metal, he said.

Shamard said he did not know what caused the crash but that the toll lanes are wide enough for ambulances.

Officials said the crash was the most significant involving an EMS unit in a year to 18 months.
Posted Image

#2 tniuqs

tniuqs

Lifetime Sponsor

• Elite Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • Interests:Quote Dustdevil: Following recipes in cookbook makes you a cook, not a chef.
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Just how the hell can you impact a Toll booth at this speed ?

Shamard said paramedics, whose names he did not immediately know, had responded to a call that did not involve taking a patient to the hospital.

Sharmard was heard to say under his breath, long term employment is highly unlikely when I do find out who was driving ... LOL>

Well unless this was a mechanical failure (statistically very unlikely)

cheers

#3 JakeEMTP

JakeEMTP
  • Elite Members
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:hockey, NASCAR, golf
Good

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

Just how the hell can you impact a Toll booth at this speed ?

I was going to ask the same question. As much praise as I have for Austin/Travis EMS, there still seems to be a least 1 dumbass working there.

#4 p3medic

p3medic
  • Members
  • 683 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Big vehicle, sun in drivers eyes....Who knows? Accidents happen, at least no one was hurt.

#5 Kiwiology

Kiwiology
  • Elite Members
  • 3,324 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Um, .... hell even with ME driving the freaking thing I could see a mile away, ME!!! so I dno HTF they managed that.

Dispatch er, we'll be out for a while on a, ahhhh howinthefuckdidwemanagetodothat? job :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users