• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Best Paying States for EMS

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 emt217

emt217
  • Members
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:04 AM

Top 10 paying states for Paramedics

Looking for places to relocate after I finish school. Any of these places even come close, or is this Fire based?

#2 FireMedic65

FireMedic65
  • Elite Members
  • 2,128 posts
Good

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:15 AM

Top 10 paying states for Paramedics

Looking for places to relocate after I finish school. Any of these places even come close, or is this Fire based?

not very accurate. lemme track down a website I used in the past that is run by the gov't and will list avg salaries by state and profession

www.payscale.com is a good site
www.salary.com
www.monster.com

Edited by FireEMT177959, 17 April 2009 - 03:37 AM.

#3 emt217

emt217
  • Members
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:22 AM

Thank you, I would appreciate it! I currently live in WV, and would love to relocate. We have a very conservative system here, with protocols that look like they came from the early 80's. Sure, I want to make a better living, but I also want to go where I can use what I've learned.

#4 wrmedic82

wrmedic82
  • Members
  • 173 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:08 AM

Just incase you are thinking about going the fire route. Just a word of advice. I would start with a 911 EMS service first and gain as much experience and knowledge as possible as a medic. Get a couple hundred calls under your belt, then make the transition. You will benefit alot more by doing this as your focus will be on EMS vs EMS/Fire which may make somethings obscure or it may not. But thats just my opinion. I know some great firefighters who practice medicine very well, and are very knowledgeable. Im still working my way there through EMTP school hopefully to be done at the end of this year. This is just my opinion.

As far as pay goes. More pay is great. However I hate to say it but most the money to be made is in fire departments. They seem to be the go-getters when it comes to grants and other means of funding.

#5 emt217

emt217
  • Members
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

Thank you sir, I appreciate the response. Actually, I dont plan on going fire route. I just know most places seem to be going fire based. I've been an EMTB for 7 years or so, heavy 911 volume. I'm hoping to go somewhere that has separate fire/EMS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users