In England They Do Fake Emergent Driving In Public!

robert gift

Even my English friends are appalled.

They never suspected - how would they know?

They had no idea that a fire truck, ambulances, too?, may be speeding down a street with lights and sirens operating, taking right of way from drivers and pedestrians, going through red traffic signals, passing in opposing lanes, imposing noise pollution, on FAKE emergent runs.

Do any other countries allow such moronic nonsense?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow you??? Are you asking if we turn on the lights and sirens just for the heck of it or are you asking if we have people who call in emergencies but they really aren't.

A little clarification is needed.

as for imposing noise pollution, if the ambulance and fire service have purchased their required carbon offsets then there is no pollution. If they haven't purchased their carbon offsets then yes they are imposing noise pollution.

from the OP's profile

jolly volly firefighter, (FFI, HazMat Ops)

top-hat and tailed chimney sweep,

works for tree company "Just promoted myself to Branch Manager."

classical organist, carillonneur (plays tower bells)

owns Federal Signal 2t22A air raid siren!,

tornado chaser, astronomy, aviation, lightning, Tesla coils, trains, chemistry, electronics

loves animals: "In college I majored in Animal Husbandry - 'till I got caught.", has used poodle from the Denver Dumb Friend's League, had beloved potbellied pig - Piganini, has illegal baby turtles, seeks a canary.

They had no idea that a fire truck, ambulances, too?, may be speeding down a street with lights and sirens operating, taking right of way from drivers and pedestrians, going through red traffic signals, passing in opposing lanes, imposing noise pollution, on FAKE emergent runs.

Dude, what the firicken hell are you on about? What your source? Or is this some BS you heard on the grapevine?

Dude, what the firicken hell are you on about? What your source? Or is this some BS you heard on the grapevine?

Firefighters will practice driving with lights and sirens by doing it on public streets.

They are NOT en route to any fire or emergency.

Just joy rides in public.

My English friends had no idea this is being done.

They always assumed a fire truck with its lights and siren operating is on the way to a fire or emergency.

Ruffems, I like your concept about purchasing offsets for noise pollution.

The city of Denver, whose City and County Building tower bells I play, should be required to make such purchases.

(My bell playing is not nearly so bad as it sounds.)

I want proof. More than just "My English friends said."

Where is the evidence? News Articles, something come on.

This is one of two YouTube videos of these fire appliance "practice" runs.

This is an ambulance practice run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0Gvulc-E

I don't buy it.
I didn't either until I got into an argument with a firefighter in England.

Still not 100% what he is getting at, but I know in the UK, ambulances routinely practice simulated emergencies as part of their driver training. This involves runs with lights and sirens with no patient. Their driver training involves a little more than what is taught in CEVO, and a comercial vehicle license is mandatory.

Perfectly legal, and much safer than having your first EVER emergency run with a patient in the back (something I have always found a little dangerous). Not to mention the real-time feedback given by instructor sitting beside you. Police and Fire do it to.

The OP here, and on you tube, is displaying yet another example of showing the inability to see further than their own borders.

Taking your logic a little further, do you think it is right that military aircraft are allowed to practice simulated / fake operations in the skies above (some of) our homes?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.