LED/WTF

mcmikeguy

What is so great about LEDs? Did I miss a memo? Okay, I’ll admit the light bar thing was a good idea. Strobes are great but the faster they flash the less bright they are. LEDs are just on or off, and with very little amp draw, you can’t beat them. But I don’t read by light bar. Nor do I ever rely on a light bar to give me a good idea of what is going on. If anything I am apt to turn it off to see better. No, my complaint is focused at the belt ornament that someone is showing me every week that resembles a flashlight except is emits a bluish, sometimes purple, light that distorts the very thing I am having trouble seeing. Am I alone? Am I the only one that gets an annoying head pain from trying to read under a blue book light? What are these people thinking? “They are new so they must be cooler than your old Mag-light”. I hear the following when someone talks about their LED flashlight, and I quote: baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Get off the wagon already. How is a light that you can’t see with an upgrade? You get more battery life. Sure, if it isn’t worth turning on the batteries should last forever. Extended battery life is great for my kids’ toys. I’ll change the batteries in my tools; I HAVE TO see out here.

I can kind of agree with the OP. I have noticed that it is harder to tell somethings when using some of the new LED's, but it's more of a color recognition than anything else. They seem to be a "cooler" white (more blue than yellow white), which can distort some colors. Oh well, there are good flashlights out there that are LED or "regular."

Don't knock my 2 hour surefire (1 hour at full power, 1 hour at half).

It's never failed me. I usually use it in .5 to 5 second intervals, only. One $20 box of batteries lasts me 6 months. And it's small enough to fit in my pocket without anyone noticing it, but sure lights up a room.

So there.

:D

Don't knock my 2 hour surefire (1 hour at full power, 1 hour at half).

It's never failed me. I usually use it in .5 to 5 second intervals, only. One $20 box of batteries lasts me 6 months. And it's small enough to fit in my pocket without anyone noticing it, but sure lights up a room.

So there.

:D

Hell...refried beans and a lighter can do that.... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.