Have you ever ............. be honest now.

crotchitymedic1986

Have You Had Sexual Relations While On Duty  

65 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

If you count two fast kisses for my gf while she visited me on duty: Yes...

For me I have a very strict policy against any screwing around at work;)

(But I have to testify that my GF became a EMT-B because of my bad influence...But she's working for another department of the same company..)

But I know that I'm very alone with that position here....

In my former company I heard and witnessed sooo many "stories"...

Best one: One of the ambulances is stationed at one of the cities biggest fire department. A female collegue and her shift partner decided that their shift was pretty "boring"..So she decided do give her colleague some oral pleasures...at the back-footboard of the rig...well.... everyone knows whats coming next...an call for the entire fire department.... and the two didn't even notice... As I was on the main station of the company I had the honor to answer the call of the chief of the fire department.... Well....Good one... The poor firefighter was a bit...ehm....angry....;)

:D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, professional and sex have no relationship --- usually the more "professional" a person is, the more perverse they are sexually. An unprofessional person is the least likely to get laid at work. Think about the most unprofessional person at your workplace, would you sleep with them ?

And this generation of medics isnt nearly as professional as my generation, we didnt:

dress like landscapers

use the same sheet all day for every patient

text and talk on cell phones in front of patients

call out sick monthly

play the stereo when patient loaded

Having sex at work is unprofessional- yes or no? Let's dispute this first.

I'm voting that having sex at work is VERY unprofessional. You're not there to get laid. Also, having sex with coworkers is a good way to create rumors and backbiting gossip that will eventually affect you negatively- whether it's your superiors seeing more of your negatives or coworkers failing to be honest with you because "you're sleeping with so and so and it's going to get back to them." Just don't do it. If you want to cultivate a relationship with someone, do so off the clock. Don't have sex in the station. It's not a matter of being prude... it's a matter of respecting common space and your peers. You don't see corporations encouraging or turning a blind eye to folks slipping off to the supply closet to get it on... so thus, if your company doesn't encourage it, it is obviously not to happen. Hell, there's not even a clause about it in my company policies (except to say that relationships between coworkers need to have management informed, especially if it's between different authority levels, so that no situation occurs where a romantic partner has direct power over the other).

As far as professionalism in the workplace goes, if your partners aren't changing sheets after runs there is a serious issue here and it needs to be reported to the higher ups. Calling out sick when you're actually too sick to work, rather than bringing it in and exposing patients to it, is a good thing. Some of us get sick more frequently than others. If we work our share when we're there and only call out sick when we truly are sick, then it's not an issue.

As far as the talking on the cell phone or texting while being in the back with a patient, that's not just a "younger generation" thing. I had a couple FTO's old enough to be my parents text and answer the phone while in the back with me and the patient. Pissed me off. And I would venture to say that I would much prefer anyone driving to NOT TALK ON THE DAMN PHONE no matter where we're driving to or why. I don't care that it's 3am and we're on our way back to the station. I'll drive so you can talk. I also am not a fan of being told by older, more "professional" medics, that the speed limit rules don't matter, we need to get to the call quickly no matter what it is and it's ok to go 90mph on county roads.

As far as the stereo goes, if only the driver can hear it, I don't care. If it's an interfacility and the patient would like some music, go for it. Otherwise, it should be off. But again... it's not the younger guys I've ridden with that I've seen this from. I've seen it from the older folks.

It's not a generational thing, it's a personal thing. Regardless of how old you are or what generation of EMS you are, suck it up. Be a professional. This is a career, not just some job. Show up on time, dressed correctly, and shut off your damn phone. You're there for the patients, so do your best and provide quality care.

That's my opinion.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

OK, wasnt there a long thread on here just a few weeks ago, where everyone thought it was OK to watch sex acts on TV while onduty. If that is professional, then surely a sex act between two consenting adults wouldnt be unprofessional, as long as they kept it private.

Watching a program that contains adult sexuality or reading a book that contains sexual material is very different than two of your coworkers going into the back room and getting it on. That's like saying that it's ok to watch a movie on shooting up heroin, so it must be ok to go in the back room and shoot up with heroin.

Note, I'm not saying anything about people who are at home and happen to be on duty. Your own home, your own space, is very different from shared company space. Watching a movie that people agree to watch is fine, because you can click that movie off and go on your call when you need to. Most people I know don't "click off" well when in boink mode... which means that they don't pay attention to their driving or their patient care....

Someone tell me I'm not crazy here for saying there's a difference in boundaries between choosing to watch a film and doing your partner while on shift...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Shooting up heroin is illegal, and alters the mind to where you cant perform your duties. As far as I know, as long as the sex is between consenting adults and done privately, it is not a crime. And although sex is great, I doubt that it would keep someone from being able to perform their duties (if you know someone that good, please forward her phone number). And not to take this down a totally disgusting path, but i would be willing to bet that 90% of firemen and EMS employees have masturbated while onduty

(probably right after they watched the nudity on tv --maybe not the women), so if sex for one is OK, sex for two should be perfectly fine --- as a matter of fact, if masturbation is ok, then i think it is discriminatory to deny me my rights to sex -- get me a lawyer ---LOL

You utilizing the restroom or shower is different than you and a partner blatantly occupying yourselves in a manner that should be reserved for off duty. I don't care what you do in the bathroom. Your business. I would think that one would find the station bathroom an icky place to play around.

HOWEVER... you getting it on with another employee or your significant other, there in the station? Socially unacceptable. Not professional. And as far as legal/illegal goes, it is against many company policies to fraternize on company time. You want to risk losing your job because you couldn't wait 4 hours to get the nookie? That company didn't need you anyway.

If this is seriously what you think, that it's fine to go screw around when you're being paid to be a medical professional, I must say I'm seriously glad that your occupation states "Former Paramedic." It's good ol' boy, we're in the station so who cares mentalities that are a huge part of what holds us back. I don't need to be no professional there in the station, it's my house damnit... I don't need no extra book learnin', coz all they ever need is O2 and an IV....

If you don't see the connection, then you're REALLY part of the problem.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Hows the view from that high horse wendy ? Just messing with you, dont get too mad. Do you have any idea how many doctors and nurses (and nurses and paramedics) get it on every day at the hospital ?Making love is a beautiful thing, and the way I prefaced it was in a "private" manner, which is how you defended taking matters into your own hands in the bathroom --- if you are allowed to satisfy yourself in the bathroom, then I should be allowed to also (youall are just trying to keep the black man down --LOL) I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is kept private and it is between consenting adults with no coersion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.