Resume---EMT job description??

stopidrookie

EMT-I can do D50, EPI, IVS, NITRO, ASA, O2......really? You can do all of that? Wow!

As I stated previously I truly hope you plan on expanding your education within your career choice. There is so much more out there, and yes I can't stand for any one making the EMT-I level a career. EMT-I as a career choice is in my opinion is just simply a lazy way to boss EMTs around, and be the "big man in the truck". I understand if it is a "stepping stone" on your way to furthering your education much like the EMT would be for a serious EMS provider, but to make it your career of choice is just plain lazy. If you were offended by any of my comments, I'd suggest picking up the phone and making inquiries about the next medic class.

Dust, come on..........

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

letmesleep:

I was in school for nursing and had finished my pre-reqs and needed a break, so I went to EMT school. Now I am ready to finish my education. However, to assume I make a little over minimum wage it wrong. Actually, I make REALLY good money. I have no kids, live in an apartment, have plenty of money for my bills and plenty left over. However, when i enter nursing school, I plan to quit work to focus on school. So I am saving so my apartment will be prepaid and I wont have to work. And you assuming that we boss everyone around is being ignorant. You have no idea what goes on in GA. And I was simply breaking down the different levels and what each one can do here, different levels do different things in different states. And as far as the medic class....I have NO interest in being a medic. Obviously you are satisfied doing that, however, I am shooting for something a little further up the food chain. Being an EMT is just a stepping stone, its purpose was to experience new things. Why not?

After note:

I am currently in school. I am waiting for the nursing program to start, so I am getting a second degree in Spanish. My job is the perfect job for school. My classes are online, I take my books and laptop to work and do my school work in our downtime. I have a flexible schedule and too much off time, I get bored, which is why I want a part time. NO one here is living check to check, Dont assume my finances when you have no idea.

Actually, I make REALLY good money.

How much is "REALLY good"?

Being an EMT is just a stepping stone, its purpose was to experience new things. Why not?

Because it contributes to the transient nature of our workforce, which holds our profession back. I know you don't care about that because, after all, it's not your profession. That's why not.

how much i make is none of your business. And you are just another grouch pissed off b/c you are stuck doing this for the rest of your life and you see me advancing and that makes you mad at your life. Take it out on someone else.

ROFL! I achieved the degree that you will never finish fifteen years ago, and make more money than you will ever see. Jealousy is not a part of my life.

It's just that, if you are going to claim that you make "REALLY good" money in non-fire EMS, about 99 percent of all people in EMS are going to call BS on you, so you had better be prepared to discuss numbers or STFU.

I want to become an LPN. Just to see what its like. No problem in that right? But while I am doing it, you will hear me all the time moaning and complaining that the RN's get paid more for doing little work. Why should I have to take two more years of school just to push some drugs, right?

I am a non-fire dept based EMT (private service) and I wish I could make more, I make more then most EMT's I know, but I'd love it to be more. So, I have to agree with Dust....numbers please?....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.