How will DUI affect my chances of becoming a paramedic (CA)

Converse1762

this post is pretty old and it doesnt look like anyone has answered the poor guy. I dont know the answer, but have had friends ask me the same question.

Is there anyone here that would like to answer this question rather than making judgment calls.

most men have lied in their life at some point, a large amount might have stolen something as a child even if it was just once, cheated or copied an answer on a test or homework, most have drank alcohol before turning 21 or tried marijuana, most have been in at least one physical fight in their life.....

so if you say that you wouldnt want an EMS employee that has a DUI in their past then what about all the lieing, stealing, cheating, underage drinking, drug using, fighting firemen and EMTs that are in every city of the world??? maybe you should move to the moon!

problem is that with a DUI you lose your licence to drive....how can your prospective employer get you to drive an ambulance when your LEGALLY cannot do it?

When ASNSW asked if I had a Class LR I told them "No, don't need it, those Sprinters should be put through a car crusher anyway wouldn't catch me behind the wheel of that thing" ... he laughed, then told me I needed Class LR :D

Dramitisation, may not have happened