British Columbia L&S in POV's

Just wondering if anyone knows what the laws and regulations are for having Lights and Sirens in your Personally Owned Vehicle. I have been considering getting some, but I don't know exactly what the laws are.. I'm going to google this right now, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads.. I would really like some info.

Thank you very much. :lol: [/font:db4cf09ee8]

First grasshopper you must ask yourself one and only one question.

Why do you need lights and sirens in your personal vehicle?

Is it just because you want them (terrible reason)

Is it because your company requires them (another bad reason)

Does your insurance cover you with them? (probably not)

Did you ask your employer if they would object to you having L&S in your car? (they probably don't want you to)

If you answered the first question with "yes I just want them" then you answered incorrectly and you FAIL!!! Do not pass go, go directly to whackerville.

:lol::lol::lol:

OK if its like Texas you have federal and state laws from several agencys to consider. You also must check with your insurance. You also really have no need for L&S in POV make your service provide car to respond in.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the laws and regulations are for having Lights and Sirens in your Personally Owned Vehicle. I have been considering getting some, but I don't know exactly what the laws are.. I'm going to google this right now, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads.. I would really like some info.

Thank you very much. :lol: [/font:83d23a631c]

FYI stuff like this tends to fly better at EMT Life than it does here. This isn't meant as a bash on them, but they seem a bit more sympathetic to the whole personal vehicle lights thing.

Speaking of EMT Life though, this seems somewhat strange since when I asked about your supervisor vehicle that you wanted to get lights for you then said this:

"Now about that supervisor vehicle.. we have been talking about it, and are probably going to wait for that, we just want a company vehicle."

Now that they have called you about because of your obsession as a first responder with obtaining equipment with "ALS capabilities" it seems that you have come our way. I will give you a simple piece of advice than many need to be given at some time before they enter the field: chill out. If you want to play paramedic, get the education.

You don't need lights on your personal vehicle.

You don't need an LP 12.

You don't need professional radios.

You don't need a "supervisor vehicle."

And to answer your question, I doubt it is legal.

I am always happy to see alot of spunk and life in the new guys, however you must know where to channel that energy.

Believe me, you can invest all the time and money into lights, vehicles, holsters, and whatever else you please but when push comes to shove you will have no idea what you are doing at a scene with very little education. Please do not think you are the first person to get gun-happy. Think about it, with all the time you are spending doing this, and money spent on equipment you could take a 3-credit anatomy and physiology course, and actually understand what you are assessing. Believe me as a former first responder - getting there the fastest isn't always best.

Education is key to pre-hospital care, not speed.

It is a first aid standby company for event standby's. (info robbed from another forum)

So he wants lights and sirens on his personal car to go to firstaid standby's? And they also need a supervisors vehicle?

Holy Whackerism batman, I'll bet that they won't be in business by this time next year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.