Going to visit UK want to ride

I'm an EMT-FTO with EMSA in Oklahoma (the service that worked the OKC bombing). My daughter's fiance lives in the UK and I was wanting to ride when we come over for the wedding. Whats the policy on that? Here you have to sign a HIPAA form and a release. Is it about the same there?

When I come over I'm going to bring a copy of our protocol book and some EMSA Tshirts for the crews too.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many NHS trusts in the UK take people out third manning. The likes of medical students, nursing students, Community first responders etc all have the opportunity to do ride alongs.

Not sure of the requirements other than being related to your job.

You are going to have to be more specific on where in the UK you want to do this. There are, I think, 15 separate trusts within the UK (12 in England, plus Scotland, Wales, and NI) and each one will have their own policies on allowing foreign EMS to ride.

All I can suggest is do an online search for the trust in the area you will be going to, make some provisional online enquiries, and take it from there.

Good luck.

I'm sure you'll be welcome to do some ride alongs overhere. If you are going to be visiting either Kent, Surrey or Sussex then Secamb is the trust to visit.

click the link for the UK national Guidelines

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/med/research...006/guidelines/

Pretty standard across the UK but there are some minor variations from trust to trust. I.e there are some drugs used under a PGD that aren't listed in the guidelines, such as Ketamine, Midazolam and Ondansetron etc etc.

He lives Dawlish.

And thanks for the link. I know it will be a little different. I once ran a pt on a flight that landed here in Tulsa. He thought his sugar might be a tad low and wanted us to check it. When I asked him what it usually ran he said 10! I said, "Why aren't you in a coma?" Of course he replied they have a different scale.

Who was it that said the English and the Americans were two people divided by a common language?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.