• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

An ambulance is NOT a bus...

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#11 Dustdevil

Dustdevil

Rocket Surgeon

• Elite Members
  • 8,994 posts
  • Interests:Cats, travelling, flying, martial arts, music, brunettes
Excellent

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

I know I'm old but when I call for assistance I say bus. I guess thats what I always called them since i became a medic. To me its second nature and in my area it pretty common.

I hope this is a joke? :?

Dude, you're 23. Have you been a medic long enough to have even re-certified yet? If your "second nature" is beyond change after a grand total of four years in the profession, you're destined to a career of mediocrity.

#12 tiedyedbeth

tiedyedbeth
  • Members
  • 65 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

I grew up with my dad calling his ambulance a rig so that's what I called it. I just started volunteering at my local rescue squad, and they call it a truck so that's what I'm learning to say.

But I can see the point. It doesn't sound as professional.

#13 spenac

spenac
  • Elite Members
  • 6,710 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

I grew up with my dad calling his ambulance a rig so that's what I called it. I just started volunteering at my local rescue squad, and they call it a truck so that's what I'm learning to say.

But I can see the point. It doesn't sound as professional.

So you have a great opportunity to at least help your volly service sound more professional. All it takes is one person to get the ball rolling.

#14 tiedyedbeth

tiedyedbeth
  • Members
  • 65 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

That's a good point. One person here, and another there, and things could change.

#15 spenac

spenac
  • Elite Members
  • 6,710 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

That's a good point. One person here, and another there, and things could change.

An example of how one person can cause change. Years ago bought a house in an older kind of run down area. I cleaned mine up. Then the people on each side cleaned theirs up. Before a year we had a very desirable area with much better resale value.

Same can happen at our EMS station. Kindly apply a little pressure but more importantly set the right example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users