practical tutor in MA/NH?

erinemt

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone that could help me prepare to retest on my practical exam or could someone point my in the right direction to find help? I failed my exam last spring and I really want to retest but I am feeling very insecure and nervous about it.

I feel that I was more prepared before and failed and now it has been 6 months since I completed my course!

Are you trying to gain your NREMT licensure for the State of NH? If you're going for your Basic, then this is valid, however, if it's for the I/Medic level, it'll be no good.

If so, NH produces a EMT-B Practical Exam Skill sheet, which is the exact guide that the evaluators check off the day of the exam. You can get a copy of it, under the heading of: Training, Education and Practical Exams, the file is called Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Practical Exam Sheets). [web:17f60c8226]http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/fstems/ems/forms.html#prep[/web:17f60c8226]

Perhaps becoming involved at a local Fire Department with a Medic as a preceptor/mentor, and shadowing him/her and go over the requirements? I know this helped me when I was fresh out of class, to get hands on experience and an understanding of what your in for.

Just a thought. My advice is to study the sheets, and pretty much memorize the steps and then just do them. Easier said than done, I know :?

Just a thought,how about just going to a practical, as an assistant .

I found it helpful seeing others testing and seeing the proper and improper ways to test.

A friend, who is a instructor told me ,that going to these practicals is a great help, so I'll be better prepared when I have to recert.

Just a thought.

i'm going to be going for my MA state emt-b. i have tried oems.com but can't seem to find any upcoming dates for practicals.

You may want to see if you can find a class through your last instructor to be able to audit a class that is finishing up and getting ready to test for their first time. Is there a time limit between failing a test and being able to re-test? I know some states that if there is too much time between testing you might have to repeat the class. You may want to be sure you haven't gone over a time-table if it was last spring that you had your problem.

thanks for the advice everyone!

i have until this may to retest firedoc, i m definitely going to give it atleast one try I am going to nursing school in the fall but really wanted to be working as an emt before then to not only earn some extra money but also get the patient care experience and to see things from the emergency angle before getting into the more clinical nursing atmosphere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.