AMR California

1aCe3

Anyone work for AMR in california? I would like to know what the hourly rate for a paramedic is over there (with approx 1 year of experience.)

Update from last post (LA EMS) I'm moving to LA to continue school but would need a temporary job. (I'll accept working transport again :shock: ) BUT. I did once upon a time work for AMR in NYC. I'm trying to decide whether the next 6 months I should return to AMR here in NYC (To do transport :lol: )so that I can transfer over to cali with the same wage. (Which may be more than what cali AMR medics are making)

Before I dump one of my 911 gigs to go back to transport, I'd like to see if the wages compare. Otherwise I'll just finish working 911 here and go in as a new Hire over in California. (situation seems to get more complex every day...)

Anyone work for AMR in california? I would like to know what the hourly rate for a paramedic is over there (with approx 1 year of experience.)

Update from last post (LA EMS) I'm moving to LA to continue school but would need a temporary job. (I'll accept working transport again :shock: ) BUT. I did once upon a time work for AMR in NYC. I'm trying to decide whether the next 6 months I should return to AMR here in NYC (To do transport :lol: )so that I can transfer over to cali with the same wage. (Which may be more than what cali AMR medics are making)

Before I dump one of my 911 gigs to go back to transport, I'd like to see if the wages compare. Otherwise I'll just finish working 911 here and go in as a new Hire over in California. (situation seems to get more complex every day...)

Don't mean to scare you and probably take this with a grain of salt. But it's my understanding that L.A. uses Fire Department only and the nearest EMS is in Orange County with a more prominent job market in Riverside County.

Don't mean to scare you and probably take this with a grain of salt. But it's my understanding that L.A. uses Fire Department only and the nearest EMS is in Orange County with a more prominent job market in Riverside County.

It really depends on where in LA county. Orange County's EMS scene is worse than LA's. At least LA County allows the private companies to employ paramedics and will use private company paramedics if they are overwhelmed. Besides that, Orange and LA Counties both run similar systems in the sense of a lot of communities provide paramedics through the fire department while contracting out the actual transport (ambulance + 2 EMT-Bs) to private companies.

It really depends on where in LA county. Orange County's EMS scene is worse than LA's. At least LA County allows the private companies to employ paramedics and will use private company paramedics if they are overwhelmed. Besides that, Orange and LA Counties both run similar systems in the sense of a lot of communities provide paramedics through the fire department while contracting out the actual transport (ambulance + 2 EMT-Bs) to private companies.

I knew it was some thing less than optimal with Riverside County being a way better area to seek work in.

I don't know what the hourly rate for AMR is, but I've been told the rate for most 911 company's 24 hour shifts in LA are between $8 - $9 (but closer to $8) for around $10 for 10-hour shifts (give or take a buck).

In LA private ambulance EMTs are basically just transport, though you do get to learn on-scene and in the back of the rig with medics, though most while friendly aren't really into teaching. So, just know what you're getting into.

No...I heard private medics at 911 companies are only paid a few more bucks than EMTs (few as in one to three). I also don't know if they stick you on an IFT car for awhile first...you'll be doing ALS IFTs for sure mixed in with the 911 calls though (most likely, I assume).

I heard Ventura County AMR paramedics (just north of LA) which are the primary providers make a good more...I've heard $70,000 base, but I've also heard several people say it's a loot less. Best to call (and let us know what they say, btw).

In LA private ambulance EMTs are basically just transport, though you do get to learn on-scene and in the back of the rig with medics, though most while friendly aren't really into teaching.

Or learning either. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.