Case Study: Unresponsive Male

I'd go with what zzyzx mentioned, CVA. But with a combination of alcohol, or other substance. Maybe it was just with the program I was under but, Narcan was always at least 2mg. IV. 0.8mg. may have been a little low.

Julian, Narcan had always worked with me whether it was hydrochlorate (a mickey) or Rohypnol. I never had Narcan fail in the field, along with the D50.

Julian, Narcan had always worked with me whether it was hydrochlorate (a mickey) or Rohypnol. I never had Narcan fail in the field, along with the D50.

Why would you give narcan for Rohypnol? I wouldnt expect it to have any effect seeing as it is an opiod antagonist.

EDIT: I forgot to say anything about the pt. Why does he have water on the brain? Is he perhaps an alcoholic? Maybe a little thiamine and dextrose will do him some good.

Why would you give narcan for Rohypnol? I wouldn't expect it to have any effect seeing as it is an opiod antagonist.

EDIT: I forgot to say anything about the pt. Why does he have water on the brain? Is he perhaps an alcoholic? Maybe a little thiamine and dextrose will do him some good.

I'm sorry, I was meaning to say that whether it was hydrochlorate or Rohypnol or anything unkown, we'd always give it. If it works, then great. But if it doesn't, it won't hurt anything. Sort of like covering all your bases. Clear as mud?