Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:



Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.


- - - - -

Paramedic's shock to find bungalow ablaze


By Matt Lloyd; Anuji Varma

A PARAMEDIC has been hailed a hero after helping rescue a woman from a burning Birmingham bungalow.

Danielle Prosser, aged 25, had been called out to Sunderton Road, in Kings Heath, on Saturday after reports of someone having a cardiac arrest.

But she discovered smoke inside the fire-hit property, where a woman in her 50s was unconscious and suffering burns.

She said: "I wasn't told anything (about a fire) so to walk in and see a lady burnt and struggling for life was a shock. I knew I needed to intervene, but I knew I needed to get her out first."

Danielle dragged the woman to safety with the help of her husband, who had also been burned. The paramedic then began medical treatment until ambulance and fire service colleagues arrived moments later.

"I just acted on instinct," said modest Danielle, from Solihull.

The woman was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious burns. Her husband had burns to his hands and was suffering from smoke inhalation. James Williams, the Paramedic Area Support Officer who attended the incident, said: "We are very proud of Danielle, risking her own life to save others."

Originally published by By Matt Lloyd and Anuji Varma.

© 2013 Evening Mail; Birmingham (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

A service of YellowBrix, Inc.

View the full article


0 Comments