what's your oppinion?

This has been bugging me because it has never happened to me before. I'am generally a strong person and have handled everything that life has thrown at me so far. Maybe you can give me an idea as to what may be going on. First of all I have no HX, I have no Allergies and I take no RX except my multi vitamin and calcium which I have for years. I'am normally a happy outgoing person, I don't have flares of anxiety or depression and I don't ever feel stressed which I probably should. I am the type of person who is like "whatever" and goes on. I make really good money, I have really good kids and life is good. So I'am totally stumped.

I was working at my city job last monday. I was scheduled to drive the city truck out and dump the contents. Its about a half our drive to the site. I had just gotten off a 114 hour work week for the Ambulance, my normal is 96 but we had 2 EMT's who didn't show up for their shift. All our other emt's don't give a crap about anyone so had a nasty attitude when asked to help out. I ended up working extra.

Ok so that morning I felt a little i'll, nothing real bad just kinda upset to my stomach, the truck was warming up and the air was filling the cylinder, that takes about 20 minutes. So I went into the office and BS'd a bit with my supervisor. Then I headed out. As I was driving I started to feel worse, like I needed to puke...then I started to feel my heart pounding and I heard it pounding....it started going faster and faster to the point where I felt I was passing out. I didn't want to cause an accident so I pulled the truck over, layed my head over the steering wheel, felt my pulse and it was like out of control. My head began to ache but not like a headache. It wasn't a hot day, in fact it was really nice so I knew it wasn't heat related. I hadn't eaten anything yet but had 3 cups of coffee. Anyway I opened the door and jumped out...kinda paced back and forth for a few....felt like maybe I could finish the job....jumped back in and headed off again. Then it happened again....sick to my stomach, heart racing, pass out mode...so I pulled over again, waited a bit....felt like I was gonna die...my whole body felt extemely heavy like trying to push to the ground (if that makes sense) I didn't have SOB but both arms tingled and around my lips like something someone would experience when they have SOB. Then I decided to get to the site and call for help. I made it out to the destination point, went in the office and called my boss, told them what was going on. They sent someone out to get me....but while I was waiting...I started to feel worse. I asked one of the guys to feel my pulse and he was like OMG its going 200. Anyway the person arrived to take me back and I felt like I wasn't going to make it. They took me straight to the ambulance, took my BP it was 188/111, pulse was 130, I was diaphretic. (spell check not working)They made me go to the hospital. By the time I got to the hospital I was feeling way better, BP was back down to 115/20, pulse was 60. EKG was normal, Go figure. They didn't do any blood work but said I was probably having an anxiety attack...I don't have anxiety attacks. They gave me drugs and sent me home. I was major stoned!!!! Slept for 12 hours and I felt just fine.

Yesterday as I was driving to the store it started to happen again....I tried to take my mind off it, did ok. It only lasted a few minutes. So is it anxiety? Or should I go in for blood work?

The only stress beside's working EMS I can figure is that I have someone new living in my house for the past month who is moving out on the 1st. I let a friend stay here so he could save money to get his own place. Other then that everything else I deal with is normal.

I don't have anxiety attacks.

Apparently you do.

To me, that sounds almost like a classic case of an anxiety induced stress response. There could be a multitude of factors in your life that can lead to these, but what I picked up on immediately based in your post is the fact that you claim to be a 'whatever' type of person.

I don't believe anyone can be like that in this life unless they're pharmaceutically enhanced. To me, it sounds more like you perhaps repress everything, and it's now just starting to catch up.

If your employer has an employee assitance program, I would advise you check it out.

peace

Janmarie3, it could be stress, anxiety, panic attacks, Wolff Parkinson White syndrome, Lown Ganong Levine syndrome, hyperthyroidsm, or any number of medical and psychosocial problems. You need to follow up with your doctor and find out what is going on.

Take care,

chbare.

Too vague and definitely forums are not the place for medical advice.. time for a good physical examination with some lab work. Could be anything minor to need for a deeper investigation.

Good luck,

R/r 911

:wink: Sorry Dear...but I have to agree with Rid and the others on this one. You are going to get a multitude of opinions as to what is going on with you from professionals, non-professionals and just opinion givers in general. It's ok that you asked us...but please don't rely on what you read to guide you. That BP, pulse, and the combo of dizziness, being diaphoretic, feeling faint and being short of breath and having tingling....well...those are all things that are obviously not normal and should be checked.

The one thing that we all DO agree on here, is that you should be evaluated including labs, EKG, etc... Please don't ignore your symptoms. They are there for a reason. That's your body's way of telling you something is not right. It may be a panic attack...but it could also be something more serious. I can think of a few things. All treatable. Not trying to scare you...but you DO need to go.

Besides...remember that accidents don't always just happen to you. How would you feel if you DID pass out and woke to find you ran into someone else and the outcome was not so good.... Please find out what's going on...k?

xoxo

Too vague and definitely forums are not the place for medical advice.. time for a good physical examination with some lab work. Could be anything minor to need for a deeper investigation.

Good luck,

R/r 911

ok maybe this isn't the place to discuss this, though the advice given is very helpful...thanks you guys. I was just hopeing someone would say this is a fluke thing and will go away. Though today has been great, no incident. You know how we EMT's are, deny that we may be having a problem. Sorry for bringing it here.

Jan...I don't think Rid meant that you couldn't come here or you weren't welcome to ask us our opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong, Rid...and I apologize if I am and I have spoken for you...but I think what he meant was that you could get misleading information. It's impossible to give a firm and accurate diagnosis only by hearing the symptoms. We cannot fully assess you by just hearing your story. We can form opinions...but it's not a true assessment of your body systems. You need to go somewhere and have the full deal done.

Imagine this...if we all said we thought you would be fine and to suck it up, and you did...and something happened...well...perfect example. It's impossible to give you an educated answer on here. It may be pretty cut and dried...but it's still a gamble.

Please don't be offended by what we are saying. We just want you to be ok. And yes...I know how we all are....don't you know that we are the worst patients.... :lol:

I'm sure everything will be just fine. Just go get it taken care of...

xoxo

My 2nd diagnosis is maybe your ovaries are inflammed...happens to me all the time.

:shock: ok, i did NOT need to know that ak, thank you for sharing

Its a fluke it will go away....

My 2nd diagnosis is maybe your ovaries are inflammed...happens to me all the time.

AK!!!!

LMFAO! :wink:

xoxo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.