TWO TEENS DOWN

I want to explore the meth road any chemical smell meth lab components. Two down similar problems its ingested and or environmental anything note worthy in the yard or the house it may have ended in the backyard but might of started inside. For me upgrade to ALS start gathering info and do a thurough head to to run threw the pockets ect. any findings

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a lot like anticholinergentic overdose, aside from them not hallucinating due to the unconsciousness. Was the grass cut recently? Any weed whacking? Maybe some plants got chewed up and caused it. (Jimson weed for example)

I will stick with my treatment with o2, monitor. Keep an eye out for vomiting. Try some Narcan just in case. It won't hurt.

Transport and let the Dr figure it out :)

Ding ding. Atropa Bellandonna ingestion. The hallucinations is what they were seeking, coma is what they got.

Okay, we don't carry the antidote to Nightshade in the unit. So what's the course of action? Activated charcoal? NG tube? Both? Or just high flow deisel?

Damn, beat me to it.

Would we want to give 2-PAM or a cholinesterase inhibitor like physostigmine?

Physostigmine I think is the antidote. Same as for atropine OD. We don't have it on our units, do you? Only thing I can think to do is give a binder (charcoal) or flush out what might be left in the stomach. Either way, these kids are farked up.

I'm thinking treat the symptoms that are presenting. O2 therapy, fluids, watch the tachycardia, beware of seizures. Don't need the antidote necessarily, just make sure they survive long enough to get it.

Hot as a hare?

Mad as a hatter?

Dry as a bone?

Blind as a bat?

Red as a Beet?

Okay, so help a newbie out here. I know I've heard this before but cannot quite recall in reference to what. :blush:

Edited by JessiR

anticholinergentic overdose

Thank you! It was mentioned in passing in class, but I get the sneaking suspicion that could be useful on down the road.